Blog Archive

Monday, September 9, 2013

Menu Monday

Happy Monday! Each Monday I'll post a recipe, or maybe a few, that I have found tried and true to be fantastic in my kitchen. I thought there was no better way to kick off "Menu Monday" than with a scrumptious energy bowl to give you that extra boost we all need come the dreaded Monday 3 o'clock hour. I hope you find this recipe as addicting as I have!

Props to Trader Joe's for a job well done, and to myself for a little extra flavor boost!
*recipe adapted from TJ

                                                                                  Edamame Energy Bowl
clearly I am not a photographer, no judging please

Salad Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg frozen shelled edamame
  • 1/2 cup red quinoa, cooked
  • 2 celery ribs, sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 Tbsp Italian parsley
  • 1 Gala apple, diced
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • My Lovely Additions
  • 1/3 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
  • 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
  • 2/3 cup red onion, fincely sliced
  • Dressing
  • Trader Joe's Asian style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette 
Directions: Prepare edamame and quinoa in separate pots according to instructions. When done, allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, chop celery, green onions, carrots, parsley, apple, cucumber and onion. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in air tight container in refrigerator up to one week. Add dressing just before serving. Now, be energized! :-)

I hope you had a fantastic weekend! We spent the weekend celebrating the nuptials for one of Mike's best high school buddies. The bride was absolutely stunning, the groom equally dashing. It was quite the experience getting my dance on with a third trimester belly! And let me tell you, my feet paid for it all day yesterday. Thank the Lord for a husband who can give a mean back rub and the invention of the bubble bath. Sunday we finally got to worship at our home church for what seemed like the first time all summer! (Mike spent most of the summer preaching around the state of WI) And to top off an already great weekend, we spent the rest of Sunday with our siblings watching the Packer game and eating good food, thanks to my sis, Lis! A great fall soup recipe coming soon.
My handsome man and what's left of my T-Swift hair

*Stay tuned for the story of "Sisters Married Brothers"
With Love,
L




4 comments:

  1. So the day you guys left, we watched Forks Over Knives ... and then a bunch of other vegan documentaries. Now we want to be vegans (or what we like to call "functional vegans." If you serve me pulled pork, I'll eat it.)

    So ... this is a great recipe for us! I am the most boring vegan cook ever. This sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Was this actually what you made today? Sounds really good! Can't wait for that "Sisters Married Brothers" post!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Mark is reading your blog. He is wondering what the difference is between an English cucumber and a regular cucumber ... if there is one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why of course, Katherine! English cucumbers are seedless. Usually longer and skinny too. So glad Mark is reading :-)

    ReplyDelete