Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baby Showers!

I have been intending to share the creative talents that my amazing family have put into the very important occasion that is... my BABY showers :-) !!! They were too beautiful not to share and I am so incredibly grateful to have been "showered" with all the things we need and want for our baby boy. Both were extremely different and both captured the parts of my personality that I have woven into the preparations for this child.

The Wisconsin Shower: Southern


My sissy outdid herself, as to be expected, and surprised me with a southern themed shower. She knows how much I loved living in Charlotte as well as my "wannabe" southern tendencies. So out came the sweet tea and white lace tablecloths, the most amazing cornbread I've ever tasted and our cowboy boots. You can see for yourself how she turned her backyard into a true southern affair! We might have even done our hair the same way, attempting some T-Swift curls to round the whole thing out  ;-)



Left: My beautiful sissy Right: My mom and mother-in-love



The Illinois Shower: Traditional

A working collaboration between my mother and a few aunts really turned this Little Golden Book themed shower into the sweetest day I could have imagined. My Godmother and cousin hosted it in their home and it was truly special. Did you read Little Golden Books as a child? I was fourth in the lineup of children in my household, so by the time I showed up the book stacks were high and I have a handful of favorites I can still remember! From the napkins to the cake and a part of almost every gift, Little Golden Books were everywhere! It was truly precious. And keeping it real for everyone else, my Aunt Shari served guests blue champagne as they arrived. I thought that was adorable! 


Notice the Golden Book Cake? My Aunt Lynn made it, herself.. be amazed! The picture in the middle with my girlfriends shows all of us at the same home for my wedding shower, and now all back together for the baby shower. We missed you Jordan!


It still amazes me the ways that family and friends have helped Mike and I prepare for this baby boy. I am so grateful for all the generosity that has been poured out on us and wish I could take each and every person whose loved on us out for a Thank You coffee! Today I am considered full term at 37 weeks! So now we remain faithful in praying that this boy continues to grow, stay healthy, and we wait...
With Love,
L


1 comment:

  1. When we were kids, my mom would pick the Little Golden Books up at the grocery store for like $1. Now, they are $4 a piece. I wish I could find someone cleaning out their old stack and scoop 'em up for nothing!

    Such sweet showers. Wish we could have thrown you one!!!!

    ReplyDelete